Jan. 30 nomination deadline for 2013 Earth Day awards | Environment
From Leonard Peters
FRANKFORT, KY – The deadline for nominating an individual or entity for efforts to protect the environment is fast approaching. The Environmental Quality Commission (EQC) is requesting nominations for its 2013 Earth Day awards by Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2013.
Persons or entities that display an outstanding commitment to Kentucky’s environment are eligible. Nominating a group or individual is easy. Submit a nomination form and any supporting documentation to the EQC, 500 Mero Street, 12th floor, Capital Plaza Tower, Frankfort, KY 40601 or e-mail to Janet Pinkston at Janet.Pinkston@ky.gov.
Nomination forms can be found on EQC’s Website at http://eqc.ky.gov. The annual EQC awards ceremony will take place in April.
Upcoming Events near Old Louisville - Highlands
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Car stopped for cracked windshield leads to drug bust
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder