UofL vs. UK football game to be televised nationally | Events
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - WAVE News has learned the September 17 UofL versus UK football game will be televised nationally.
The game at Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington will air on ESPNU beginning at 7:00 p.m.
This game marks the 10th consecutive season that the game will be shown on one of the ESPN channels. Fourteen of the last 18 games between the two schools has been televised.
ESPN has scheduled at least five Louisville games to nationally televise this season, including the UK game. The Cardinal's season opening game versus Murray State on September 1, versus FIU on September 9, versus Rutgers on October 25, and versus USF on November 25 will also be televised on an ESPN affiliate.
Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Old Louisville - Highlands Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 83-year-old volunteer honored as Kentucky’s Salute to Senior Service winner
- ESPN College Football Analyst Kirk Herbstreit to speak at luncheon
- VinylFest comes to Louisville
- Central High School sends student to National Health Sciences Competition
- Mayor helps celebrate completion of Okolona park revitalization